Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Painting Sunday

The first weekend in November I did a painting during each sermon at church that went along with the message. It was about Psalm 1 and was an incredible experience for me!
My mother in law, Gay Hope is singing on the left, and it was nice moral support for her to be up there!

This is the first painting

You can see the first one on the right and I am working on the second one. They were a diptic, so they went together once they were complete
I had to paint as fast as I possibly could, it was hard to do, but a blessing to get the opportunity

The church has gotten them framed and are going to hang them to display

The finished paintings

2 comments:

lisa said...

i would have loved to see this! they turned out great!

kari.jackson said...

that is amazing jill!! just gorgeous! was it stressful doing it while he was preaching??