Wednesday, July 7, 2010

MAROON BELLS VACATION!!

Right after Jonathan finished his intern year we went on a backpacking trip to Maroon Bells, Colorado. It is just near Aspen. My mom was so nice to watch the boys for us, it was a much needed vacation!! We had a wonderful time!
I quickly realized I was not in as good of shape as I thought! Definitely not like I used to be, this pack was outrageously heavy!
Jonathan's was even heavier than mine!!


Jonathan found an amazing campsite while I sat down a little bit. You could see these waterfalls from our tent!
We had to cross this log to get to our campsite. I let Jonathan take my bag across for me :)
We grilled brats each night... they were so good!!
The campfires we made were sweet! Very hard to start which made it that much more rewarding.
This porcupine came around both nights and even tried to get in our tent one night! We had never seen one in the woods, it was crazy!!
We took a walk just up from our campsite and found this amazing waterfall. It was spectacular!!
These rocks were sketchy, but we made it.
Maroon Peak South from our hike going up to Willow Lake Pass...
Jonathan doing his classic stream cross...
We finally made up it Willow pass! You can see willow lake down on the right...



Crater Lake

Us at Crater Lake on our way out...


1 comment:

Toni said...

Hi Guys,
The pictures of Maroon Bells are beautiful. It is such an awesome place! Kudos to you Jillian for handling that huge backpack! Thanks for sharing. Toni